How I survived mathematics

Up until the 9th grade I had awesome teachers ... understood everything during class and did most of the homework really easily. Then came the bad teacher ... OMG ... I didn't get a passing grade in 3 of the 4 years of college? high school? whatever you call grades 9 through 12.

Psyhically I was already done with people. By the end of 8th grade I think ... it was enough for me, I wanted out... but continued for some reason... probably because of my parents.


I was always good in math, BUT in high school I only focused on programming, as the IT teacher was awesome and the math teacher was shit. I always got maximum grades in IT classes and even the bad math teacher saw that I was really good... so that's probably why she let me through the summer exam.

In 2003, my year of graduation, after the official graduation I passed math in the weirdest way. This wasn't just weird, but profoundly illegal.

I failed the written test and the oral exam, the bad techer gave me the hardest problems to solve, much harder than we used to solve in class. That was a garbage move on her part, BUT I failed ... went home, and hoped for the best.

Later I found out that I passed and the story behind it is that the techer already closed my case, BIG FAIL, "repeat the year, you loser!", BUT when she went down the stairs, she changed her mind, went back up, and corrected my grades to 6 (out of 10) ... which is the minimum passing grade on such exams.