Where were you on 9/11/2001?

I was 16 years old in 11th grade, visiting a girl from my class whom I had a crush on and was obsessed with.
It was kinda' weird, I think I went there unannounced (as I did many times). Their babysitter let me in, I took off my shoes and weint into the living room, where she was watching the TV.


She greeted me and asked if I heard the news, I interrupted her and asked if she's referring to our Romanian literature teacher. That wasn't really appropriate, she was kinda' shook, BUT I was there and talked about it ... I think in the end it was fine.

So back to 9/11 ... as it turns out she was watching CNN in the living room, before I interrupted her with different bad news. I thought it was some sort of action movie, but she explained what has happened.
I was in a strange place mentally back then ... I just quickly replied that "yeah, criminals can do whatever in society ... and maybe will get punished afterwards". I wasn't really interested to watch it, instead we talked about something else ... I kept staring at her boobs when she wasn't looking ...etc... typical 16 year old guy stuff.

AFTER I WENT HOME

My parents were also watching the news, then I started realizing the true scale of what was happening. It didn't shock me, but kept up with the news every day to see the most important stuff ... about 1 year later? a few months later? I remember watching the war on TV, as the US tanks charge into cities and destroy other tanks, vehicles, buildings ...etc... fun times right before becomming an adult.