Our Romanian teacher was kinda' awesome

I don't even remember her name ... I just realized that now ... I only remember the names of the bad Romanian teachers ... OMG Isaac Claudia used to ask me if I'm retarded, whenever I didn't have my homework. She kinda' had a point there, I had zero interest in learning that stupid language, never did any of the homework, BUT you don't say that to a kid, repeatedly.

In reality I was kinda OK, all my grades were fine up until 9th grade, when half of the class didn't get a passing grade, due to a garbage teacher we got. She was still young and didn't know how to teach.

Long story short my grades were mostly fine up until then, BUT I have the deceased Romanian techer to thank for finishing 12th grade. She introduced group exercises, which meant that I didn't do sheet. Arguably I was in a worse situation, as now the group was stressing me out that I couldn't do my part and then the teacher was also stressing me out...so ... it was mostly bad, BUT the way the techer ran things, some groups never got to present their work and that's how I managed to slip through the cracks.

In 12th grade I didn't get a passing grade, so I had to go take additional exams in the summer. That was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. My regular teacher was busy, so my old teacher from 5-8th grades came to do the exams. She hated me, but was happy that day for some reason. There were like 30-40 literary works that I should have studied for the exam, BUT I picked the exact two that I studied in a panic early in the morning before the exam.

I mean, that was really just... very unlikely... how things happened... I was starting with a few sentences and the teacher would continue ... then she'd ask me something, I responded correctly in a few words and she would continue... I mean... that was just a complete 180 my world did that day.

HOW THE TEACHER DIED?

Her memory will always be tied to 9/11 in my mind, as I explained in a previous post. She had bad pneumonia, went to the hospital, she got some medicine and they sent her home. She felt A LOT worse in a few days, she went to the hospital and later died. She got blood poisoning somehow and went unnoticed.